Friday, May 30, 2008

FO Friday - 3 for the price of one

Bucket hat with flower
My hair behaving just right

Pattern: A Better Bucket (PDF) by Amy Swenson Raveled here
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted 92 grams (199 yards) Burgundy
Needles: US 8 (5.0mm) Harmony Interchangeable
Mods: Used solaris' mod for a larger brim and hat so that I could fit all my hair under it. I also knit the crown an inch shorter because it looked a bit too long.
Facts to remember: This is a super simple hat. I tried the provisional cast on to another needle instead of waste yarn, but the cable kept getting in the way. Also I waited a whole week to sew on the ribbon and button. I should realize that avoiding finishing can take longer than the finishing.
Things I Love: Everything. The yarn is cozy, the flair is just right, the button allows me to put any flower in it or leave it empty, the color looks great on me.

Bucket hat close up of the flower & button
Close-up of the button with flower

Hat to replace Matt's too short hat
Ohhh look another plain black hat for Matt

Pattern: A Hat Fit for a Boyfriend by Stephanie Nicole Raveled here
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted 53 grams (115 yards) Black
Needles: US 7 (4.5mm) Harmony Interchangeable
Mods: I knit this exactly like the previous hat except to the full outer length since the first hat was a little bit short.
Facts to remember: That a guys head is longer than you think
Things I Love: The yarn of course.
Reaction of the recipient: Well hopefully just as good as the first hat went over.

Hat to replace Matt's too short hat
Argh me matey

Matt's Koolhaas hat
Looking all Airy

Pattern: Koolhaas by Jared Flood Raveled here
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted 64 grams (139 yards) Tortuga
Needles: US 8 (5.0mm) Harmony Interchangeable
Mods: I knit the man's size on US 8s and the pattern was exactly the measurements of the pattern.
Facts to remember: I need to remember that there can be hazards in a photo shoot. Click on the final photo for all the details.
Things I Love: I loved this so much more than the glazed carrot Koolhaas (scroll down)
Reaction of the recipient: We will see when he gets it.

Photo shoot hazard
Click to find out why this is here