Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Fling Coffee & Yarn Swap Questionaire

My favorite flowers - gerber daisy

I am participating in the Spring Fling Coffee & Yarn Swap. There is still time to join before the 25th of the month.


Coffee

1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground? Whole Bean

2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non? Leaded with a mellow smooth notes. I love rich flavor but it has to be smooth.

3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? I would hop on a plane to Florida and buy some Barnie's White Christmas. Yeah for a popular flavor being available year round now.

4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? I drink for pleasure. I can have as little or as much as I want and not have side effects if I go without.

5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers? I love flavored coffees. I have little flavor tabs to add to my coffee which I have used since I was 14. I typically use liquid flavored creamers.

6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? I have a set of 6 starbuck's city mugs that I use regularly and some double walled Bodum 12 oz glasses.

7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! I normally grab a mug in the morning or afternoon just before I curl up in my knitting spot. My coffee maker keeps the coffee warm for 2 hours. So I drink about 2 mugs oh coffee with creamer and a nice cookie or slice of bread.

8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? Just the mug of coffee since I am talking most of the time. If I do get something, I love a nice cheesy bagel or not too sweet scone.

Yarn

1. Do you knit or crochet? I knit mostly but I do know how to crochet.

2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? I like knitting with DK and Worsted weight for sweaters and Sport and Fingering for socks.

3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? Well it is always fluctuating since I am a fast knitter. Check it out on Wednesdays I post my WIPs on my blog.

4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? Fall colors. What about those that you'd never find in your stash? Pinks and true purples

5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? My favorite needles currently are the Knitpicks Harmony Needles. Any you just detest? I don't like metal especially in DPN form.

6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? I don't need tape measures or scissors.

7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? I would probably walk out with the soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.

Spring

1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? Some days and some not. The Northwet has its moments of indecision.

2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one? I love Gerber daisys. My front walk is lined with them.

3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? A little bit warmer weather and not wearing hats inside my house.

4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? Hopefully sitting out in my backyard knitting. It is a bit cold for iced coffee and too warm for hot coffee so I will just be drinking a bottle of water.

5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up? I will spend the day in my knitting spot with a nice mug of coffee or tea depending on my mood. Knitting and watching sci-fi shows.

Odds n Ends

1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles? Frogs – classy frogs.

2. Are you allergic to anything? Yes lots of things. To petroleum products mostly, so anything with glycerin, or mineral oils. Those are the most common names for petroleum products. I have no problem with plastic bags and such, just liquids and semi solids that they place in foods or body products.

3. Do you have pets? 2 dogs and a house bunny.

4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in? I just finished the No Humdrum mitten swap and Blogging by Mail. I am finishing up one more swap.

5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.

Non Dairy Diary – I love her art work. I would love a banner on my blog of her artwork.

Green Apple, a knitting blog – I enjoy seeing all that she knits.

Socks-for-Mum – A great blogger that I met during one of my swaps.