Wednesday, March 19, 2008

WIP Wednesday - finally something new

FYI: I will be traveling to Houston, TX place of my birth for a visit in April. Leave a comment if you want to meet up while I am there.

Wicked in progress

Monday I found myself in an unusual situation. Nothing on the needles. Ok I know a few of you can go peek at my project list on ravelry and say that I do have stuff on the needles but I beg to differ. The socks that I have been knitting are just yarn with sticks sitting in a bag, since I am waiting on a better moment to contemplate the third take. The Endpaper mitts (not an immediate need) and churchable's socks (too many stitches per inch) are on a break.

Well with all these facts facing me I decided to finally join my own KAL. Yes I cast on for my second wicked sweater. This time I am taking all the tid bits of information that I have learned over the past year. 1) Knit for my upper bust measurement instead of my full bust since I am over a B cup. 2) Work short rows so that there is room for the girls and the front of my sweater is the same length all the way around when worn. 3) Incorporate waist shaping to emphasis my hourglass shape. 4) Having enough confidence to use a non-solid colored yarn.

A sleeve of wicked

A close up of the lovely shade of Malabrigo in Burgundy that I am using. I love the subtle shading and the lovely hand that this produces. I have 4 skeins to incorporate into a lovely comfy sweater with a pocket. I hope to be finished by Saturday. Fly fingers fly.