Friday, March 14, 2008

FO Friday: FO block gone

I have 2 FOs to show you today. Hopefully I can add the Big Green Monster to this pile before the weekend ends. My goal is Sunday night when bud gets on the plane back to SpoVegas.

In order of completion,

Firebrick mittens

Pattern: Firebrick mittens (ravelry link)
Yarn: Mountain Colors 4/8's Wool Colorway: Ruby River 1/2 skein (100% wool) and Dale of Norway/Dalegarn Baby Ull color: Black 1/2 skein (100% superwash wool)
Needles: US 2 1/2 (3.00mm) Knitpicks Harmony Fixed Circular
Mods: Well since I created these, they are a mod. I am in love with my mittens and sad that I will be sending them on tomorrow morning to their mitten swap partner. I do know that I will soon have another pair for myself since I think I have enough left to make myself a pair with the leftovers. Once I got this pattern hammered out, it took me a little less than a week, but this was my fastest design time from start to finish (a week and a half). I am finishing up the pattern and sending off the stuff to the test knitters to look over and work on. One of them has to finish up another test knit for me so we will wait to see this pattern in full production but I am thinking it will be for sale in June.

Koolhaas hat
Click the pic to read the importance of the flowers


Pattern: Koolhaas Hat (project page) by Jared Flood
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted Colorway: Glazed Carrot 1/2 skein (100% HandspuMerino)
Needles: US 6 Knitpicks Harmony Interchangeables Magic Looped
Mods: None. I did knit this in the large. In the picture, it is a bit short but I blocked it and today it was the perfect fit. I love the yarn before blocking but fell in love after blocking.

I leave you with the Bun approving the Carrots.

Bun approved carrot

Wrangling a bunny is not as easy as you would think. He was more interested in the unfamiliar surroundings than his favorite snack. Silly Wrabbit.