My soul has been warmed by a few things this week. My set back this week which Indigo mouse thought I should have called RIP Wednesday instead of WIP Wednesday was bolstered by a rather good next few days.
My mittens were frogged along with my socks on Wednesday but I created the pattern and marched on to a spectacular finish (ok it was only one mitten but I am claiming all the victories I can these days). This mitten is lovely and I am smitten with its beauty. I hope to release the pattern in a few months or so after it goes through tech editors and test knitters. So look for it.
I also hung out with Churchable and my best friend Kayleen. We wandered around Portland, going to the Saturday market, lunch in China town, a walk through the Chinese garden and a trip to Uwajimaya. While at Uwajimaya, I stopped in the bookstore and looked at the knitting books. I was stunned and it took a bit of time to figure out what books to buy. One of the books I did get, I wish that there had been a second book to buy for my mitten swap partner.
This week I received my BBM: Little things package from Megan of Megan's Cookin. She sent a lovely package. This swap was supposed to represent the small good things that can be offered and that we keep the shipping down. She sent me 14 items. All very much appreciated.
I also received one of the 2 ATCs that I am to be getting from this round of PS3 ATC swaps.
I also did the two above for my swap partners. I had fun with my puns and pens.
Well I am not having a contest, but 2 other bloggers are and I am going to share with ya'll. One ends tonight at 10 PM EST and the other by the end of the month.
Up first is the contest at Beautiful Thing's blog, she is celebrating one year of blogging. Very cool. She asks that you do a simple things and answer her questions.
- name : Chrispy
- flickr id : pursuitoffiber
- ravelry username: RChrispy
- your vote for your favorite of my 2007 FOs: I love your A-line tank it looks lovely on you.
- link to or description of your favorite of your own FOs (knitted or otherwise - anything you made): wow well I am going to have to go with the one I wear the most. Some people are in love with their most recent FOs. I would be but recently those have been a bit slim. So I am going with my Rusted Root.
1. A new working fireplace.
2. A big backyard for the dogs to run around in.
3. Close to the biggest city park with a lake to walk around and exercise the dogs at