Thursday, March 20, 2008

Monkey Sock Swap 4 Questionnaire


FYI This swap is an invitation only swap.

The Measurements

Shoe size: US 7 ½ W and 38 EUR

Foot length in inches: 9 inches

Circumference: 8 ¾ inches

Yarn Preferences

What are your favorite colors? Brown, Orange, Reds (rust and burgundy), blues (antique blues and dark blues, not much on the baby blues), and greens ( I love most any green) Fall and Forest colors are faves.

What color clashes with your wardrobe? Pink, mauve, and purple (plum and burgundy are ok)

Do you prefer solids or variegated yarns? I like semi-solids and variegateds that are in very similar colors

What are your favorite brand sock yarns? STR, Chickchick studios, and Zen String. I have knit with Opal, Lorna’s Laces, Sockotta, Wildefoot, and Koigu. ( I don’t enjoy knitting with these, but I don’t mind wearing this yarn. In reference to Opal, I hate it with a passion. I am sorry if it is your fav or old stand by.)

Is there a new sock yarn you really would like to try? Louet Gems solid color, but I would prefer indie yarn dyers: Scout, Wollmeise, Yarn Pirate, and See Jayne Knit . Pretty much I would love to try new dyers as long is it is not a Koigu like base. I like knitting garments with Koigu but not socks.

Cookie A. Patterns

List the patterns you do not have but would like to receive: Stricken, Flicker Sock, Mingus Sock Django,

Allergies

Do you have any allergies that your pal needs to know about? (animals, fiber, sensitivity to smoke etc.) To petroleum products, so anything with glycerin, or mineral oils. Those are the most common names for petroleum products. I have no problem with plastic bags and such, just liquids and semi solids that they place in foods or body products.

Will you knitting be exposed to animals? 2 dogs and 1 bunny that likes to snip cords with his teeth.

Will you knitting be exposed to cigarette smoke? No

Shipping

What country do you live in? USA

Are you willing to ship outside your country? I would preder the US but if needed I can have an international swap partner.