Wednesday, April 23, 2008

WIP Wednesday - the 2nd part

2nd Monkey sock, monkeying around

Last week you saw the start of this little monkey sock. Well it flew off the needles just as fast as everyone says they should. Yes I cast-on Tuesday last week but had to rip what I had done twice. I seem to have forgotten the pattern in the 6 1/2 months since I finished the last pair of monkeys. Well all is well now and the first sock was done on DPNs since my 2.75mm circulars were back in Washington. Now that I am home, I switched the second sock onto my 2.75mm circular. I guess this is the test of a gauge change from one knitting method to another.

As you probably notice, the last few WIP posts have been taken outside. It is all in compliance with PS3: Earth. Greens, Browns & Metallics rule the day. Don't you love the green flowers on my tree. They are so funky. I have no clue what they are. If anyone knows I would love an answer.

2nd endpaper mitts

The Endpaper Mitts have been pulled out again. I told myself I had to finish a UFO before I could start my skirt. I really want to cast-on for it. I have 3 balls of yarn wound and my friend is planning on knitting it with me. This weekend may show a new pair of mitts to wear at the coast.

Don't forget to check back on Saturday for my contest. I have decided that there are many levels to enter yourself and each level gets you another chance at winning. There will be 3 prizes. Something for every kind of knitter.