Friday, February 01, 2008

FO Friday - by a nose

Twisted Flower - toes

This was hard. I needed this finished object and I worked for it. Man it is not good to be without an actually finished object for this long. Hopefully this new month will be better. So here is my new years project started 31 days and 12 hours before its finish right before midnight on the 1st of day of Project Sprectrum 3. Those of you who visit the blog might have noticed a color change. Do you like it? It is to celebrate PS3 starting. This month and next are Fire: red, orange and pink. Those who know me well. Know I love orange. I even have an orange bedroom. Pumpkin to be exact. The only squashy thing other than pumpkin pie that churchable cares to partake in.

Twisted Flower


Pattern: Twisted Flower by Cookie A (ravelry project link)
Yarn: ChickChick Studio Toes in the grass 1 skein 100 grams = 460 yds (60% superwash merino, 30% Bamboo, 10% Nylon) Colorway: Olive Oil [Gifted to me by my SP11 pal]
Needles: Knitpicks US 1 (2.50 mm) circulars until Mr Bun cut the cable then DPNs.
Mods: I love these socks. They are stunning. They are show stoppers. They make my day. I loved the flow of the pattern. It was super easy to memorize. The first sock, I needed to check every once in a while. The second sock only needed a glance at the cable on the foot, the rest was smooth sailing. I knit this exactly to specs with only one tiny mod. I kept the purl stitches all the way to the toe. On one toe I grafted in st st and the other in reverse st st. Can you tell which one in the very first photo? If so is one better than the other? If not I will go change to the st st because it oddly feels better.