Friday, November 30, 2007

FO Friday

Well now I seem to have some FOs waiting to be shown off.

First up my submission that will be just under the wire for the Sexy Knitters Club - Tree Jacket.

Through the forest darkly (oh lightley)
Click for more photos or go to Ravelry for more details

Pattern: Tree Jacket by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Andean Silk by Knit Picks (55% Super Fine Alpaca, 23% Silk, 22% Merino Wool; 96 yards/50 gram ball) - 10 balls I used every last bit
Needles: Knit Picks Harmony Options US 7 (4.50mm)
Mods: I made the neck 2" longer, which in hind sight I should not have done. I knit the sleeves flat per the recommended option. I realized that A) I was going to run out of yarn B) the sleeves would be too big and too long if I knit exactly to the directions. So I knit a shorter no shaping section and decreased on both sides of the seam line 6 times instead of the 5 times. I also knit the cuff shorter. All in all I have a great fitting sweater that did not even need short rows.

Currently at the moment, I need to redo the BO. It was a bit snug. Hopefully I have enough to allow for a better BO.

Yeah Touch done on the entralec socks
More info at Ravelry

Pattern: Entrelec socks by Eunny Jang in IK Spring 2007
Yarn: Koigu Premium Merino (100% merino; 170 yd [155 m]/50 g): 1 skein of 2151-99 blue grey and 1 skein of p113-173 blue multicolored
Needles: Crystal Palace US 1 (2.25mm) DPNs
Mods: I started the larger squares earlier. I used a Russian BO which looked really nice on the mainly grey sock.

Cheers. Now I am off to host a lovely Harvest Dinner at our church. Hopefully my food cooks a bit faster.