Thursday, August 09, 2007

Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire



Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I feel that I am an intermediate sock knitter. I know how to fit a sock on a picky wearer aka Churchable my husband.

The measurements:
Shoe Size: US 7 ½ and 38 EUR
Foot circumference: 8 ¾ inches
Foot length: 9 inches
I prefer my socks to have a tight gauge and to have about 10% negative ease.

Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? Brown, Orange, Reds (rust and burgundy), blues (antique blues and dark blues, not much on the baby blues), and greens ( I love most any green) Fall and Forest colors are faves.

Do you prefer solids or variegated? I tend to knit myself solid or colors within the same color family. I love the variegated but I just have not brought myself to knit them. I have a skein of Silkie STR that is crying out to be a sock.

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Wool and cotton, but not acrylic unless its calmer. I am a complete and utter fool for bamboo.

What colors would you never wear? Pink, mauve, and purple (plum and burgundy are ok)

What are your favorite brands of yarn? STR (yup that is all the socks yarn that I like to knit with that I have knit with) I have knit with Opal, Lorna’s Laces, Sockotta, Wildefoot, and Koigu. ( I don’t enjoy knitting with these, but I don’t mind wearing this yarn. In reference to Opal, I hate it with a passion. I am sorry if it is your fav or old stand by.)

Are there any new brands you would like to try? Louet Gems solid color, but I would prefer indie yarn dyers: Scout, Dream in Color Smooshy (series 200 or 300), Wollmeise, Yarn Pirate, and See Jayne Knit

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? None but I lust after all of them.

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? I don’t own any at this point. I am most interested in Twisted Flower.

Other pertinent information:
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? I would like a US pal, since my SP will be an International pal.

Do you have any allergies? To petroleum products, so anything with glycerin, or mineral oils. Those are the most common names for petroleum products. I have no problem with plastic bags and such, just liquids and semi solids that they place in foods or body products.

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? I have two dogs.

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? yes, RChrispy