Friday, August 10, 2007

FO Friday: Baby Edition 2

Man for all the baby knitting, I should be having my own. ::throat clearing:: my dear family don't think this is a wish, it is an observation.

One baby item is going to a family member. Churchable's cousin's wife is having a baby. So after contemplating a pattern in my mind, searching Ravelry for what I was thinking about, I cast on for the EZ February Baby Sweater. It is too cute and I just barely ran out of yarn.

EZ February baby sweater

Little Marshall girl
Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles (February) from Knitter's Almanac
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece color CW-380 Dusty Sage and some Knit One Crochet Too Wick color 120 - Natural
Needles: Crystal Palace US 6 Circular
Thoughts: I actually talked about this last Friday, but ended up changing the closure because the method I planned on doing was not going to work. I was going to use snaps that you pound into each other but the knitted material was too thick. Instead I used snap tape on the instead and four decorative buttons. I washed the sweater in the machine and air drier it. I have had good results with this method of care. When you put Cotton Fleece in the dry it pills alot.

The other baby that was expected and she came on time, but you have to know her mother to not be shocked by this. One of my friends from college that lives in the NW had a baby girl.

Baby booties

Pattern: Saartje's Bootees (PDF)
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts STR Mediumweight Colorway: Autumn (not currently on the site) about 18 grams of yarn (use your sock leftovers for these cuties)
Needles: Crystal Palace US 1 (2.25mm) DPNs
Thoughts: Cute, Quick, Easy. What more could you want in a pattern.