Friday, July 06, 2007

FO Friday - the socks are finally done

Dave's orange socks

The Orange socks that almost didn't make it
Pattern: Mine - Basic Toe-up Short-row heel
Yarn: Zwerger Garn Opal Krokodil / Crocodile color 17 (wool and something else)
Needles: Crystal Palace US 1 DPNs
Thoughts: I hate this yarn. It takes me forever to finish a project in it. I am done knitting with it for socks. I won't be buying anymore. I only have the remnants of this skein and the one I used for Gee's clothing. I think Gee gets the rest of the yarn for other clothing. Mittens have been called for and I am sure a sweater is not far behind.

The great thing about churchable is that he will wear these and love these even though they are not a perfect fit, because he wears the first pair I knit him which one is too tight and the other is so loose it falls to his ankle when he puts it on, and to make matters worse I did not know that I was supposed to knit a tighter gauge for socks. He shows those misshapen socks off to everyone and tells them that I knit them. To me I wish they would disappear in the wash but he loves them and displays them proudly. What more can I ask for in a husband?