Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday - Yarn Tastings

Invernal by Aslantrends

Invernal by Aslantrends
4.75 sts/inch on US 7s
50% Angora Rabbit, 25% Merino, 25% Nylon
295 yards, Color 162

This swatch is so subtle. I think it is like my grumpy bunny. It wins you over with its soft fuzzy nature even though you suspect it might grouch at you for knitting something unexpected from it. The swatch worked up smaller than recommended. It was supposed to be 4.5 sts/inch. Of course the likelihood of knitting this up into a stockinette garment is slim. I would roast especially here in the mild mannered NW. Of course if I lived in the lakes region of the US, I would most likely have wanted a fully angora sweater. It would have made me super toasty and I would survive the huge snow drifts that occurred this year. The yarn is fuzzy and soft on my face, neck, and other sensitive bits. As of yet, I don't know about the wear and pill factor.

This is a yarn I would for sure use. Something lacy but simple to allow the yarn to shine.