Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A big thanks & coffee swap topic 2

The first tulip

Since some of us is beginning to see glimpse of Spring, while others are still getting snow have you change what projects are working on?

Since I am a beginning designer, I don't always work in the season. I have to work with wool when it is hot and cottons and silks when it is cold.

Have you put away the hats, scarfs and mittens, and brought out the cute tank top sweater projects and lacy wraps?

I have put away my heavy scarfs and hats, but still have fingerless mitts and a wool ear band to wear when I go walking in the morning. My tank tops are still being worn over or under long sleeve shirts.

Have you change yarn to something more lighter and cooler, not so heavy and bulky?

I do have one project waiting in the wings for myself. I am knitting the skirt from the Spring 2008 Interweave Knits in a silk linen blend.

Prayer socks from the swap

The socks are ones that I received from a secret swap partner from a group on ravelry. You knit someone a pair of socks as a symbol of the prayers your have said on their behalf. Many of you know I have been struggling with one particular pair of socks, the pomatomus socks that I am knitting are for this swap. I am officially late. I just reached the heel of the second sock so I hope to be done soon.

My partner was sitandspin over on ravelry. I don't think she has a blog but she was a wonderful partner. I had a blast getting to know her this swap. She also included this in my package.

Goodies from the swap

The small yarn balls are leftovers from my socks. The large skein of Tempted is the same brand as my socks. I love the feel of my socks. I got the package Saturday morning as I was walking out the door for a local political convention and I put them on immediately and wore them for the next 3 days. So comfy and smooth on my feet. The blue yarn is silk yarn that my partner spun for me. It is so pretty I don't yet know what to do with it. Maybe make a little something special.