Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up - Seattle Addition

Edited to add: Don't forget I will be in Seattle for till Wednesday

Sun shining

The sun was shining but the air was brisk and clear yesterday. It was so lovely. Unfortunately we stayed within the confines of our friend's house working on this.

Sjoberg bath demoed

The weekend has been a bit busier with a long wedding and a missed trip to the store on Friday night. So we have not gotten as far as we would have liked. We had hoped to be putting the grout in tonight but alas we just put in the plumbing last night. I got to use the propane torch to connect the brass fittings together. It was alot of fun. Today was spent getting the wall board fitted and connected to the wall. Now it looks like this.

Sjoberg bath with plumbing and insulation


On the knitting front, my socks are flying because I have only had time to knit while standing in line or for short bits. I really need to sit down and work on the cardigan. I have been hooked up with both my swap patterns that I will be knitting for in the next couple of months. Don't forget that you have another week to post a comment to get into the yarn contest.


I have missed posting FOs the last month or so. So let me share with you my small bit of delving into the dark side:

Boteh Scarf

Pattern: Boteh Scarf by Kathy Merrick (ravelry link) from the Spring 2007 Interweave Crochet
Yarn:Ellie's Ewe Hues MemenToes (100% superwash merino) 490 yds in 100gram skein in Clover & Honey
Crochet Hook: G hook
Mods: I did 26 repeats instead of 16 repeats of the main motif. I also did not do the border because I felt that it was too thick of a border.