Monday, November 26, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

Finally I have time when my computer is willing to be online. Yes I have a wee computer problem were my computer has an allergic reaction of too much time on the internet and shuts down. A solution will be coming later this week. This is probably why the "Big Silver" is working normally, it is scared of the sexy young thing that is winging its way here from Dell. I had about given up on this hunk of metal that I built my first new years with churchable, so I logged on to find myself a laptop with my specs at a decent price on Thanksgiving evening.

I have been busy. I have been documenting my time with photos but whenever I log on and sit down to edit photos and upload photos, things crash and so thus I have bided my time.

I attended the PDX blogger Holiday Knit-a-thon. It was really fun to meet everyone and catch up with other. Here is a photo to prove I was there. We met at Gino's which is owned by one of our members. Thanks again Deb.

PDX Holiday Knit-a-thon


I knit on my Tree Jacket while I was there. I am knitting it along with the Sexy Knitters Club. I had gotten to the end of the garter stitch section that day. Someone took a photo of me with it on and the neck around my face, but so far no one is fessing up. Since then I have taken pics for WIP Wednesday, which had a computer crash while I was uploading pics and editing them. And I finished it on Saturday night at church. It is currently blocking its little heart out. This is were I was on Wednesday.

Tree Jacket

We also held a yarn swap at the knit-a-thon. I got 4 skeins of yarn. Only 3 are shown below because, the other one was a simple skein of TOFUtsies that I took pity on and brought home.

Interlacements Peru
Interlacements Peru

Handspun from Bobbi
Handspun by Bobbi

I also have been working on socks for my Brother-in-law and his two boys for Christmas.

Camo socks

I also purchased my first skein of Malabrigo. I love the color. I hope ya'll like this sexy yarn photo. If you would like more, click on the pic and there are more on flickr.

Malabrigo Lace, Lettuce

My monkey pal flaked on me. Amazingly the angels jumped on it and the packages pummeled my front door the week of Thanksgiving.

Monkey Pal Swap 3 - complete angel package

I received a little monkey name Hoodwinked, which I thought was so aptly named since I missed out on getting a proper package. The socks were a lovely color of Koigu but they did not fit me, they fit churchable.

Monkey Pal Swap 3 - angel socks


The last bits that I have to show you are my FOs for the week. I actually spent quite a bit of time in front of my sewing machine.

First up: A simple black A-line skirt

Black basic skirt

This is a simple skirt that I drafted from my measurements with a invisible side zipper and a faced waist. I don't know what the fabric is but it did not melt at the almost cotton heat setting. Most of my fabric stash is unmarked except that each box has a color grouping.

Second: Reversible Place mats

These are to be given to the bride and groom of the wedding we attended in Arizona. The reason we went on a big road trip to Utah and beyond. They were going to be folding a 1,000 cranes for their wedding, so I gathered inspiration from this. The fabric is quilting cotton from the local quilt store. Simple no pattern place mats.

Placemats all packaged and ready to go.
Boxed and ready to go

Placemats for Adam and Sally
Spread out. The other side of all the place mats is the color of the napkin.

Third: Pillows for a friend

Pillows for a friend
Click on the photo to read the details.