Sunday, July 01, 2007

Announcement

Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn

Hey Everyone,

Do you know what all that is in the picture? Well of course you do. Do you know what it means? Well I do it means work.

I have been diligently following some bizarre leads (ie not from my usual sources). I had one random knitter at Madrona suggest that I go volunteer for this company that is a mere 45 min and 25 miles from my house. I ignored this sock knitter that was fondling Kogui, because who was she but some random knitter. Well back in march I bought the Yarn Harlot's book Casts off to amuse myself since humor was needed in those dark hours ( I had as of yet never read one of her books). Halfway though the book I glanced at the cover and stared in shock. This was the random knitter that suggest I go talk to a yarn company. Um oops. After getting back in the routine of being home and no longer caring for Meemo (my MIL), I went on a small PDX yarn crawl of my own making. I stumbled into Farm House Knit Shop. I petted the yarn. Bought some yarn and talked to the owner, who suggested that I apply for a job at the same yarn company. Well I bounced along said path of application and eventually met Tina of Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

I had no clue what kind of job I would be offered, but I was willing to take anything. What art school graduate does not want to work in their chosen field? Well I got what to me is a dream job. I get to play with yarn all day and imagine and bring to actuality designs that are dancing in my head with Blue Moon Yarn. So Yes I am now a designer for Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

What this means to you my dear readers is that I will not be posting as often. I will try to post at least once a week, but I will let you know when a deadline is close and you will see me slip into the dark world of knitting my fingers off to create something. Hopefully something people will like.