Friday, June 01, 2007

FO Friday - Part Two


Blue Moon Sock Candy Socks
Pattern: Mine - Basic Toe-up Short-row heel and toe with herringbone pattern.
Yarn: Blue Moon Sock Candy colorway: Borage (96% Cotton, 4% Elite) every last bit of one 2 oz skein
Needles: Crystal Palace US 2 DPNs
Thoughts: I love this yarn. It is so soft and squishy. I am constantly dreaming up projects to use this yarn in. The herringbone pattern would not work for a normal sock because it lacks stretch.

What is a girl to do when she has her heart set on a Brooklyn Cap? Why make one of course? I bought the yarn back in March and finally had some time to whip up this quick knit. My first attempt was super cute un felted. I was excited to see the finished project and I was sadly disappointed. But since I was obsessed to have this hat. I grabbed some stash yarn of the same brand and knit myself crazy and completed the second hat.

I have the fit down now but I need the right color for me head. The white is a little too much for me.





Pattern: Brooklyn Cap, IK Summer 2006
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted, Oregano
Needle: Clover US 13 Circular
Mods: Make the Row count be the gauge swatch row count or 30 rows = 8" so knit for 8".







Pattern
: Brooklyn Cap, IK Summer 2006
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted, White and Old Sage
Needle: Clover US 13 Circular
Mods: Fits great. Now I need a better color.