Monday, April 16, 2007

March wrap-up - a few weeks late

March did not go as expected. We ended up in Spo Vegas with the in laws sitting by my mother-in-laws bed till the end. At times it was stressful; at others it was completely peaceful and serene.

My knitting time slowed down as I helped the family out and seemed to be on my feet most days till they screamed for a break which normally turned out to be a meal or some such thing. I had brought a few projects for the first week we were to be up there. Actually I brought too many projects. I view that as a boon since I had the items to take up my free moments and I had something to keep my hands busy while I sat with Memo while she slept away her pain.

I did some yarn shopping while I was there at Paradise Fiber & Yarn. I really enjoy shopping at Paradise I always feel that I am going to discover some unknown treasure. Memo had asked me to make her some slippers that fit her hugely swollen feet. I had decided on the Fiber Trends pattern but never got to make them for since she is no longer in need of shoes. She did love the color I chose for her - it was the color of her favorite robe. You could find her in that robe at any time of day depending on how cold she had gotten.

March's Finished Objects

I had started the my nephew Micah's first birthday present before I left for Spo Vegas. I was finished the first week. I sat and finished the little guy the day we were unsure if she was just having a bad day or if this was the turn for the worst. I needed something to focus on that contained more details than my usual projects. So I present to you Sheldon the Turtle.



Pattern: Sheldon the Turtle from Knitty.com
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport [60% pima cotton, 40% modal; 110 yd per 50g skein] one skein each of grass and green apple.
Needles: I don't remember but I am sure it was what the pattern called for.
Mods: None he was a perfect little turtle. His only flaw was that he let an unexperienced finisher knit him.

My other finished object of march took all my time and I finished it on our drive home. I blocked it upon arrival and wore it to church Easter Sunday. This is going to be a favorite Spring/Summer staple for my closet.

Pattern: Indigo Ripple from Spring 2007 Interweave Knits by Kat Coyle
Yarn: Knit Picks CotLin [70% Tanguis Cotton, 30% Linen] 7 1/2 skeins of Nightfall
Needles: US 6 crystal palace circular (started on US6 dpns)
Mods: I changed the yarn and decided I did not have the attention span for the i-cord cord and replaced it with a ribbon from the $1 bin at Michaels.