Friday, February 16, 2007

FO Friday


WICKED is done. I am so excited. I finished it and wore it out last night. It was such a bad sweater that it has even taken to drinking beer. May I introduce to you the mohair (beer drinking) wicked. (My friend's enthusiasm at the bar spilled over onto wicked)


Details:
Pattern: Wicked by the Zephyr Girls
Yarn: I used Euro Yarns Cuddly Fluff DK in grey with some worsted mohair from my stash.
Needles: US 10 circular for the worsted and US 5 circular for the Cuddly Fluff plus dpns
Mods: I used a total of 7 decrease repeats and 7 increase repeats to shape the waist. I did the crossover pattern on the bottom band. When I started the sleeves, I picked up 5 st and decreased them every round with a sk2togpsso twice and then a k2tog. Personally I don't like large sleeves so I decreased with a sk2togpsso 8 times every 8 rnds starting at 3 inch from the underarm. After knitting the sleeves, one ended having its cuff reknit 3 times (rolled edge, rib, and seed (aka moss) stitch) and the other got off lucky with only once. My friend recommended that a seed stitch band at the bottom of the body would have looked better. Also I had planned to do 12 decreases along the sleeve instead of the 8 but somehow I fitzed it out.



Generic Toe up using Wendy's method (pdf)

Details:
Yarn: Plymouth Sockotta 3 Brown mix
Needles: Inox size 0 dpn

I finally now understand why everyone likes socks. This is my first completed sock that does not hurt my feet when I wear it. I joined Socktopia this year and so this is going to be my Short and Sweet for February. So called because I was short on yarn and its sweet that it fits so well.