Friday, May 16, 2008

FO Friday - The End of the endpaper

Endpaper Mitts

Pattern
: Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang Raveled here
Yarn: Knit picks Gloss in (3/4th skein) Woodland Sage & (2/3rds skein) Serengeti
Needles: US 3 (3.25mm) knit pick's harmony fixed circular for the body & US 2 (2.75mm) knit pick's harmony fixed circular for the ribbing. One bottom ribbing was done in US 0 (2.0mm).

Mods: I used a different tubular cast-on because I could not figure out the suggested one. Otherwise I think I knit these according to the pattern. There was not much to mess with.

Endpaper Mitt

Facts to remember: That I need to remember which hand has what color. I knit my color work with the main color in my right and the contrasting color in the left so that I can knit faster. I have done this since my first project. I did not know this was not standard. I did noticed that there is one row at the palm of one mitten which was knit with the strands switched. Most likely me knitting in the car in the dark. Also if increases are made at the edges, a lifted bar increase or a L-rink looks better. One mitt used lifted bar increases and the other I could not remember what I used since it had been 5 months since I did the first mitt, so I used a backwards loop M1. The backwards loop M1 is messier looking than the other mitt.

Things I Love: They fit like a dream. The silk /wool blend which is not too warm or heavy but allows me to do a lot with them on. If I fold the top ribbing inside, I can knit without snagging the mitts. Which is perfect because I knit these so that I would have mitts to wear in the house when it was cold. I like to keep the heat down because we have central air and when I am designing all day I tend to sit in one spot. I find it a bit silly to heat the whole house when I am only using a small corner.

Endpaper Mitt

Bobbie: Do you recognize your sweater?