Wednesday, January 09, 2008

WIP Wednesday - the present edition

Twisted Flower

So this here elegant bottle of wine was a present and so was the yarn and the pattern, yes I seem to be in need of sock blockers. That would be a nice present. Hint Hint. Ok back to the WIPS. If you don't recognize the sock pattern, it is Twisted Flower by the wonderful Cookie A. I cast on these lovely socks on New Years to start the new year off with something new. I knit 2" of the sock that day and put it aside till I finished my nephews socks and hat plus got Bud's Cardigan for Arwen in a submissive state.

Carigan for Arewen

Here is the difficult little knit. The cables have been very disagreeable. I seem to keep ripping out the same section multiple times. At least I have learned to ladder down instead of unknit the whole 20 rows or so that are giving me grief. I lengthened this sweater so that it reaches her preferred length. I measured and the arms will fit her fine. I am kind of avoiding this one but it needs to be done by MLK day or I am sunk. I promised her Christmas present by then. I keep finding better things to do with my time like start a business and do a sudo business plan. Yes I dream large and do weird things when I avoid something. Ok well there is one last WIP lurking in my bag.

Endpaper Mitts

It is my endpaper mitts. I can't wait to be done with them so that I can wear them in my very cold house to knit with. Maybe I should finish these first before anything else so that my fingers don't freeze. Fat chance of that the sock has me a bit obsessed.

So the future has much in store there is another Cookie A sock chomping at the DPNs to be cast on. If I don't do that soon, I might be missing a few DPNs. I also want to work through the pile of stuff on my work bench.

Don't forget you Seattle knitters. I will be in your area starting Friday and staying till most likely Wednesday. Leave me a comment or PM me on Ravelry (RChrispy).

Lastly I just made the decision today to not participate in the current Sexy Knitters Club KAL. The patterns just don't work for me and I don't have the time to fix them for my body. It seems weird that I started last year with them and this year I part ways. I just have a bit much on my plate plus I hope to have some surprises for everyone in the late Spring. I will be participating in Project Spectrum started by Lolly.