Friday, May 18, 2007

FO Friday

A friend's baby trying to take away Lexi's bowl at games' night Tuesday.

WIP Wednesday did not happen because I had a horrible migraine brought on by unknown sources and made worse by a neighbor pressure washing his truck and listening to old eps of Knitty D and the city. I had finished up the baby vest and did not get to have much knitting time. I thought knitting was soothing but it was not as good as pain killers and a nap.

Now I must present the cutest baby item that I have made so far. Remember this goes to the missionaries headed out next month before their baby is born. The yarn I used was yarn that I bought when I was on a trip to Turkey. At that time, I thought I would be heading overseas to help villages establish small textile industries and then export them back to the US and Europe. So since I am not destine to go overseas, my yarn creations can have fun without me.



Pattern: Argyle Vest in Vogue Knitting Baby Knits Two on the go!
Yarn: Nako (100% yun - aka wool in Turkish) 100gr - green & blue. I got this wool back in 2000 when I knew nothing about weight or gauge. I just saw 100% wool CHEAP! It is great wool. I have made several things with it including a color work beret.
Needles: Brittany US 5 circulars and Inox US 3 circulars
Mods: None but I learned to seam with this pattern. Yeah I know how to do it right. I learned by looking up the information in my 2002 Interweave Knits mags. They had a 2 part article on seaming. I wish that I had done a 3 needle bind off at the shoulders but I was not thinking when I finished the back.