Thursday, February 15, 2007

WIP Wednesday - a little late

So I really really wanted to be done with Wicked, so I waited to post later on Wednesday. I just happened to forget that it was V-day and I would not have time after churchable came home from work.

Well needless to say, I completed my goal.

I have one project on the needles. It is Eiffel.


I finished or frogged the rest of my works in progress. The fingerless mitts that I was working on were just not right - I will have to think on them. Also the entralec socks were too big. I need to learn more about measurements in entralec to work out the right size. Thank goodness the newest Interweave Knits had an article by Eunny Jang. She started playing around with entralec in September saying she hated it. Spent most of October obsessing and finally gives us a lovely article and sock pattern in entralec.

Right now I am going to focus on Eiffel. I don't think I will finish by the deadline since my yarn is in hanks and I don't have a ball winder. I will be knitting off my swift so this will most likely be a at home project. (Churchable will be mesmerized by the spinning swift; hopefully I can get his attention occasionally.)

My coffee table is covered in several projects waiting to be swatched.

I have a ski hat for churchable in Paton Classic Wool color leaf green and a natural yarn with some oils still in it.

A cute hat for me that churchable is tired of me pointing out in the Summer 2006 issue of Interweave Knits. I am thinking of using the last of my Noro Transition to complete this project.

I also want to use my odd ball skein of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Dusty Sage to make a minisweater from Glampyre Knits in the style of Diana's at streets and yos. She was following another bloggers variation of the sweater. Cosmicpluto has her sleeve variation written out for us.

And finally a staff project look a like from the Spring 2007 Interweave Knits. I am making the lace nightie in a wool and rayon blend. The yarn is a dusky blue which is a perfect match to the upcoming fall colorways. I don't know where I got this yarn but it is very old because it cost 70 cents a ball brand new for a 1 oz ball.

If that is not enough I am thinking about picking back up a Rebecca project that I set aside to start my Sexy Knitter Club KAL and I ordered the new CotLin from Knit Picks to make the skirt in the Spring 07 IK.